Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Today was good. I got a new companion from El Salvador. She has 5 months in the mission and all the missionaries told me to take care of her. I am really exited to have a Latin companion again. That will really improve my Spanish. I am terrified to be SeƱor companion though (this means that La Hermanita is responsible for what the companionship does. She will make the big decisions!). I feel the responsibility on my shoulders. My companion's name is Hermana Romagoza. She seems very chill and very sweet. I am excited to learn from her. I know she has a lot to teach me. I really hope we will make a good team. I have a goal not to speak in English for these next 6 weeks. Nothing de ingles. I can think in Engish and listen to music, but I need to start thinking and doing in Spanish. It will be a blessing.
"There a a lot of people that can get baptised at any moment, but they just have a small desafio (challenge). We just have to work so that we get over that.
"It sucked having my last companion leave. By the way, I told you that I dyed my hair dark brown right? Anyway, my companion is here with her parents (her previous companion is done with her mission, and her parents are picking her up). We went and had lunch with them today. It was emotional. Dad and Lisa want to come and get me. It will be the same type of situation. I am going on only having 6 more months in the field soon. Crazy. Crazy.
"This week will be crazy. Getting to know new companion, trying to get into the groove of things. I just don't want to be bossy in any way. I just want unidad (unity) so that we can work together and carry the weight together. I know God has trust in me. I just have to trust in him and myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment