Monday, May 10, 2010

"We had a baptism yesterday. It was like pulling teeth to get it. I swear that is why there are missionaries. Satan works so hard on people who are going to get baptized. I think only people who focus on nothing but baptism have the patience to fight the fight. It is exhausting and stressful, but so worth it. It was a 10 year old boy. He is very cute, but very devious. God seriously did miracles to get this kid baptised. Literally did miracles.
Can you pray for our potential baptisms? We are hoping for 2 this weekend. Rosa- pray that she will have the desire to get baptized May 16th and that she will be consistent in reading the scriptures and praying for that date. Paulina-pray that she will be happy to get baptised, even if her boyfriend doesn't do it and that she will get baptized May 16th without any problems.....That would help me and these people and the Lord so much! Please pray for them!
I think there are between 16-20 Hermanas (sister missionaries). I tried to count, but that is my guesstimate. There are an odd amount right now. I am sure more will come next change.
I am feeling really good with Spanish. I am speaking and understanding and feel good about it. Clearly, there are still things that I can't say or don't understand, but I am feeling confident and very grateful to our Heavenly Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment